Wednesday, June 29, 2005

WHAT IS NATURAL?

The FDA has not defined the term "natural", so the majority of companies are considering everything as natural. VB Cosmetics knows and understands that consumers view the term natural as "coming from nature with very little processing." So we admit that our products are not 100% natural. Our products have as much natural ingredients as possible with small amounts of pure synthetic chemicals blended in to preserve the integrity of our products.

As a consumer, I absolutely have no idea what all those big words are listed under the ingredients, but I hope if I put my complete faith and belief in a company and its products they wouldn't let me down.

Here are a few big words that are preservatives in cosmetics: methylparaben, propylparaben and phenoxyethanol which are the most common. So read your ingredients well before buying if you are looking for "100%" natural. Water based products need a preservative to control growth of bacteria, mold and yeasts and "natural preservatives" aren't enough to control contamination and preserve shelf life. I don't want my products going bad before I even get to use them. So be careful out there and remember, sometimes the impurities in natural raw ingredients can be more dangerous that the synthetic chemicals that are pure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home