Friday, June 17, 2005

Who's Responsible???

I read something that sparked feelings in me that I've had for many years, but never voiced. They are called anger and frustration. It seems like now a days people never take responsibility over their actions or in some cases stupidity. Why is that? Always wanting someone to blame or in many cases sue. This is suppose to be the land of the free. Free to make choices, Free to make decisions, Free to accept responsibility. Well we do pretty much everything except take the blame for our own actions.

The first thing I can remember is the hot coffee incident against a fast food chain. Well I'm smart enough to know when I order coffee it's going to be hot and if I'm stupid enough to drive while trying to drink it, then it's my fault and I take full blame. Also I'm an adult and if I choose to smoke knowing the possibility of health problems, again that is my fault and no-one else. How about eating at fast food restaurants everyday and super sizing? Which results putting on alot of weight. Now I'm fat and ready to sue. But we have made is so easy for people to blame and sue over their own choices and decisions that it completely amazes me.

Now someone is suing a company over anti-aging not performing. Please, everyone knows not every product works the same on everyone. Even I know that and if it takes me a year to figure that out, something is wrong. I give new products three or maybe six months to show results. No results, no more buying and continue to look. I don't really believe that I will stop aging, that's totally impossible. I age everyday that goes by and every year when I celebrate my birthday. I work for a company that specializes in skin care products. Not every product works on me. Actually some of our products work better on one of my co-workers than me. So maybe I should sue her since my skin type and genetic make is different from hers. Or better yet, why don't I find a product that does work on me. WOW what a unique concept, taking responsibility instead of blaming a company for something they have no control over: like my skin type and genetic make or even how I treat my body. Maybe I smoke, drink and don't eat the right foods or maybe I'm a sun goddess who doesn't believe in sunscreen. But now I want something to reverse all the damage I have done. Please, like that will ever happen. This reminds me of my children. They know if they do something they aren't allowed to do, and there will be consequences, they do it anyway. Then they will blame the parents when they get punished. This is what we are teaching our children. Don't take responsibility, blame and or sue someone. Try it, it seems to work.

I'm sure not everyone will agree with me and that's the beauty of living in the land of the FREE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home